This morning I got a positive pregnancy test! I’m 10 DPO, and the line was faint but at least as dark as the one I got with Ian 11 DPO.
I had a really hard time falling asleep last night. I’ve been fighting off a sore throat for two weeks, and yesterday I could feel some fluid in my lungs. By bedtime, it was starting to make me cough. I didn’t want to take anything to help me sleep because I was hoping I might be pregnant, though the only symptom I had was a little cramping around implantation (which I just didn’t trust after the way I felt last month). I ended up having some chamomile tea with honey and settled on the couch with my iPod lulling me to sleep to Spurgeon’s All of Grace audiobook.
When I woke up, I was coughing really badly, and Eric brought me some cough syrup, but I told him I didn’t want to take anything because I might be pregnant and this would be the worst time to take something. I don’t think he believed me (not that I blame him, since I was so sure last month and it turned out to be nothing.) Then I called mom to ask her if she’d come over this afternoon to help me with Ian. She wanted to take me to the doctor as well, but I told her the same thing.
After I hung up with her, I realized I was 10 DPO and there was a chance of getting a positive. I’d been so distracted by everything last week with the funeral and Eric’s car getting stolen that the time had passed without me thinking much about when I could test. I took the test and then went to take care of Ian so I wasn’t watching it. When I came back a few minutes later, there was a line! It was hardly anything, but I’ve taken enough negative tests to know that it sure something! I got out my pregnancy scrapbook to look at the test I’d taken with Ian, and I think this one may even be darker than that first sign that he was coming.
So in spite of my cough and sore throat, I’m feeling pretty elated today. Ian’s taking his morning nap, and if I can just get through until this afternoon, I’ll have a time to rest. Yesterday I was 3 weeks pregnant, and according to my calculations, my due date is November 15.
1 comment:
We are so happy for you!
Post a Comment