Wednesday, March 24, 2010

gathering and learning

So it's been a few days, and there's not much to report. I'm still working my way through the pantry. I did talk to Eric a little about what I'm thinking as far as my attitude towards sugar, and while he didn't seem to really get it, he didn't dismiss it either. I've read a few articles on the Internet, and today I checked a few books out of the library. Right now I'm reading Little Sugar Addicts by Kathleen DesMaisons. It's more geared toward parents trying to help children who are "sugar sensitive," but I'm learning a lot. Namely, it's confirming what I was thinking about myself, and I'm even seeing how my sugar sensitivity was present even as a kid. I ordered her first book Potatoes, Not Prozac off paperbackswap.com and am looking forward to reading it as well.

Two things stand out in my mind. First, that I have a lot to learn. Second, that this is going to be a long process. I want to be sure to build a good foundation. I know myself too well to think I can just quit. But I am excited to get started, not only for the positive changes I hope to bring about in myself, but also for the way it will affect my kids.

No comments: