It's amazing how much you can look forward to silly little things. Tonight I was supposed to be getting together with friends, but then we ended up cancelling. Even though I was planning to take Ian with me, I was still anticipating "night out." Eric's headed out to Glamis for the weekend (at least I think that's where they are... I suppose I should have verified that!) and so now we're sitting home alone. I'm writing this, and Ian is enjoying tearing up a phone book that I hope I'll never need. That's what the internet's for, right?
I hadn't realized how much I needed a break in routine until our plans got cancelled. My first thought was to try to find a babysitter and treat myself to a night out... but then I looked at the chubby little face and felt guilty. I need to change my attitude and just enjoy some time with a sweet little boy who will never be 2 days shy of 9 months again.
Before he went down for his evening nap, I was sitting in his room, just watching him play. All I really wanted was a nap myself, so I lay down on the carpet next to him. He turned to me with the biggest grin and leaned over to give me a big wet open mouthed baby kiss. Why is it so charming to wipe slobber off your face when it's your own little one who did it? No idea. Anyway, over the next 15 minutes, he just kept coming back to smother me with more and more kisses. That's when I had the aforementioned moment of guilt.
Okay, so I guess that means I need to get off the computer, salvage what I can of the yellow pages, and enjoy my baby for while!
No comments:
Post a Comment